Terms & Conditions
CANCELLATION, POSTPONEMENT AND INTERRUPTION POLICY
1. In general, the fees and charges paid for weekly holiday rentals are non-refundable with some exceptions. All payments must be received within the specified period in our confirmation email to you for your booking. Certain extenuating circumstances at our discretion are allowable, and we aim to offer a partial or full refund depending on the nature of these. For more details see section 2.
2. Extenuating circumstances specifically relating to the impact of Coronavirus Pandemic – if you are unable to travel to the cottage due to either Scottish Government restrictions or due to a Coronavirus outbreak or your own home government’s restrictions, we will first attempt to rebook your holiday for a similar date in the following year or a date of mutual agreement. If this is not suitable for you, we will refund your booking and any depsoit in full.
3. TRAVEL INSURANCE: FOR YOUR PROTECTION, WE REQUEST THAT ALL GUESTS PURCHASE A TRAVEL INSURANCE POLICY AT THE TIME OF BOOKING, IN ORDER TO PROTECT YOUR HOLIDAY
4. A GUEST may request to transfer the booked rental period to another person designated by the GUEST; however, the Owners or Agents of Shorelands Cottage are not required to agree to such transfer, and may refuse to make such transfer for any reason whatsoever. Should the Shorelands Cottage owners or Agents agree to such a transfer, there will be an administrative fee of £50 required to be paid before such a transfer takes place.
5. An “Interruption” is an event which occurs when a GUEST misses a portion or segment of the holiday rental period once the holiday rental period has begun. The Owners or Agents of Shorelands Cottage shall have no liability, and will give no compensation, for any Interruption.
6. If a GUEST(s) by choice, or as a result of events (other than a decision by the Owners or Agents of Shorelands Cottage covered by Paragraph 2) wishes to Cancel or Postpone any holiday rental period and 1)the GUEST did purchase travel insurance, 2) the travel insurance does not provide coverage for the Postponement or Cancellation, 3) the GUEST has a Replacement (person designated by GUEST to take GUEST’s place for the holiday rental period and 4) the Replacement has fully paid all fees (the full price) to the Owners or Agents for this holiday rental period, then if all the preceding four conditions are met, the Shorelands Cottage Owners or Agents will refund all money to the GUEST that the GUEST has paid to the Shorelands Cottage Owners or Agents less a £50 processing fee and less any non-refundable or non-transferable fees or charges of any other supplier or vendor that is contracted to provide services with respect to the holiday rental period.
7. The Shorelands Cottage Owners or Agents reserve the right to (1) Postpone & move to a later time; (2) Alter or Change ALL OR ANY PART of the holiday rental period, for any reasons that include, but are not limited to, actual or threatened illness, injury, Acts of God, natural disasters, man-made disasters, acts of war, acts of terrorism, civil unrest, police actions, severe weather, disease, plague, pandemics, release of toxic chemicals or other events which are beyond the control of the Shorelands Cottage Owners or Agents or if in the Shorelands Cottage Owners’ or Agents’ sole determination and judgment, such a Postponement or Alteration or Change is necessary for reasons of safety. Furthermore, the Shorelands Cottage Owners or Agents may make other and further minor Alterations and Changes to ANY PART of the holiday rental period due to problems with vendors or sub-contractors. In these instances, the Shorelands Cottage Owners or Agents shall grant no refunds. In the event that the Shorelands Cottage Owners or Agents cancel a holiday rental period (for the above reasons in this Section 6) the GUEST has a choice of transferring their payments to a future holiday rental period (within 12 mos.) without any further fees or increase in tariff, or receiving reimbursement from their Travel Insurance Policy under the terms of the insurance cancellation policy.
8. The Shorelands Cottage Owners or Agents are pleased to welcome mature adult GUESTS and their CHILDREN who are in reasonably good health, and/or under managed medical care and who have no mobility difficulty on rural terrain. The cottage is on one floor though there are uneven floors and some thresholds to navigate.
9. If, for any reason, a GUEST(s) is/are causing disruption or exhibiting unruly behaviour, the Owners or Agents reserve the right to remove such a GUEST(s), at his/ her/their own expense, with no redress to the Shorelands Cottage Owners or Agents.
10. Up to two dogs are allowed in Shorelands Cottage, no other pets of any kind may stay on the property in any alternative shelter in deference to guests who have allergies and/or sensitivity to animals, birds or any other pets. If a pet of any kind (other than dog) is found to be staying in Shorelands Cottage or anywhere on the property it will be removed at the pet owner’s expense. Any abnormal cottage cleaning/ damage or property clean-up/damage resulting will be paid for in full by the pet’s owner without exception.
10. These terms and conditions shall be interpreted and construed under the laws of the Scotland. A GUEST(S) expressly consent(s) to jurisdiction of the Courts of Invernesshire, Scotland in the United Kingdom for all matters arising out of or related to these terms and conditions of a holiday rental period at Shorelands Cottage.
BY BOOKING A HOLIDAY AT SHORELANDS COTTAGE THIS CONFIRMS THAT YOU HAVE FULLY READ THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS, THAT YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS AND THAT YOU FULLY AGREE TO THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS.
PLEASE PRINT OUT THE TERMS & CONDITIONS DOCUMENT HERE AND KEEP THIS FOR YOUR RECORDS.
ANY QUESTIONS? PLEASE EMAIL US